WanyaDora (わにゃドラ WanyaDora) is a fictional video game that has been referenced in several Ryukishi07 works. The mascot character, the wanya (also called a wanyan or meowoof) has also been featured in his works, sometimes as an author avatar.
List of Appearances
This list is sorted by chronological release date.
|Umineko no Naku Koro ni||The wanyan is first mentioned in the Tea Party of Twilight of the Golden Witch as a pet that Gertrude owns. Wanyans can also be used to make food.|
|Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni||In the Second Night, the characters Shuuichi Arimori and Nafumi Shintani have wanyans attached to the neck stumps on their body sprites. Because the sprites are composites, these are hidden in-game behind the head portions and can only be seen if users decompile the game files.|
|Rose Guns Days||Last Season references a wanyan-flavored drink.|
|TRianThology ~Sanmenkyou no Kuni no Alice~||In the Vespio 2438 story, Violetta has a wanya chain attached to her rifle.|
|Iwaihime||WanyaDora is first mentioned as a game.|
|Hotarubi no Tomoru Koro ni||Teruya plays the game on his phone at various points of the story.|
|Harem Royale ~When the Game Ends~||Liru has it on her smartphone and encourages Asunaro to download it.|
|Ciconia no Naku Koro ni||Many characters play the game, including Lilja, Koshka and Miyao.|
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou (manga)||Onidamashi Chapter 3 has Keiichi watching a TV show called "Meitantei Wanyan", a parody of Detective Conan.|
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou||Nekodamashi-hen Part 2 features a wanya plush wearing an "07" medal at the Da Vinci toy store.|
Gameplay and Features
It can be surmised from scenes in Ciconia that WanyaDora focuses around collecting and trading resources and monsters, combining them to become stronger. Collecting hearts from friends and engaging in pvp are also main features. Monsters also have rarities, similar to gacha games. Convincing people to install the game presumably gives players bonuses.
- Wanyan is translated as meowoof because "wan" is the Japanese syllable for "woof," and "nyan" is the Japanese syllable for "meow." The "dora" part of the WanyaDora title comes from "doragon," the Romaji pronunciation of "dragon." Ryukishi07 can be literally translated as Dragon Knight 07.
- The title may also be a reference to the game Puzzle & Dragons, which is often abbreviated in Japanese as PazuDora.
- Twilight of the Golden Witch Tea Party. Lambdadelta: "Even I got a female meowoof a few days back. You can make awesome konpeitou with them too!"
- Rose Guns Days: Last Season Chapter 1: Coming Home. Narration: "A red-bean soup drink. An eel-liver-flavored Japanese clear soup drink. A thick, salty milkshake, wanyan flavored."
- File:Violeta gun (1).png
- Phase 1, Chapter 25. "Anyone up for a WanyaDora trade? I just need a Tanuki to make an East Circle summoned beast." "I can get you a Tanuki! You can have it for ten Tempura☆"
- Phase 1 Data Fragment: Koshka's WanyaDora Adventure. Koshka:
"...I need 800 Stardust Scrubs...right now." Miyao:
"Ah, and you can get a lot of those in that event dungeon they're doing now. ...So is that what this is about? You want me to earn a bunch of those, and then just give them all to you?"
- Phase 1, Chapter 3. Miyao: "Then start packing your friend list today! You'll have so many WanyaDora hearts, you won't know what to do with them."
- Phase 1 Data Fragment: Koshka's WanyaDora Adventure. Lilja:
"Mmmeoooow!! That's a 13 combooooo, meeeeew!!" Koshka: "Gaaaaaaaaaah, I lost agaaaaaaain!!" (...) Miyao: "...And so, you want my help." Koshka: "It's not that she's good. She just has OP monsters!"
- Phase 1, Chapter 3. Fatma: "Oh, you do WanyaDora? Hey, hey, who's your main?!" Noor: "Heheheh. I use an ultra-rare Wanyanus I built up into a counter stop."
- Phase 1 Data Fragment: Koshka's WanyaDora Adventure. Miyao: "...Ah, you mean Lilja's main, the SSR 40-Year-Old Chubby Wanyan? Yeah, that is absurdly strong. I get you there."
- Phase 1, Chapter 3. Miyao's Narration: "Across from us, Lingji is installing WanyaDora with Miyao's referral ID..."