Tatarigoroshi (祟殺し編 Tatarigoroshi-hen, lit. Curse Killing Chapter), also known as the Curse Killing Arc in the manga, is the third Question Arc of the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni series. It was released at Comiket 64 on August 15, 2003, and is followed by Himatsubushi.
~The Shortest Scenario~
Man, curse. or coincidence?
How are the conjectures inside you solidifying?
I look forward to whether those conjectures will waver or become a cornerstone in this scenario.
The difficulty is the worst. You will probably not even be able to make conjectures.
- Main article: Tatarigoroshi-hen/Plot Summary
After a failed attempt to make dinner, Keiichi Maebara gets help from Satoko Houjou and begins bonding with her in a brother-sister relationship. After Satoko's abusive uncle returns to Hinamizawa, Keiichi becomes determined to protect Satoko at any cost and soon makes a harrowing decision.
- Keiichi Maebara
- Rena Ryuugu
- Mion Sonozaki
- Shion Sonozaki
- Satoko Houjou
- Rika Furude
- Kuraudo Ooishi
- Jirou Tomitake
- Miyo Takano
- Curse Killing Arc Manga Volume 1 (released: December 22, 2005)
- Curse Killing Arc Manga Volume 2 (released: June 22, 2006)
- Older Brother (aired: May 30, 2006)
- Bond (aired: June 6, 2006)
- Borderline (aired: June 13, 2006)
- Lost Item (aired: June 20, 2006)
- Apology (aired: June 27, 2006)