|This article is about a character in Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni.|
Personality & Background
Renoir (ルノワール Runowãru) is The Sixth Ranked School Youkai, "Renoir of the Art Room".
He is a tsukumogami, a youkai born from a very old inanimate object, that haunts paintings in the art room, but every once in a while he will wake up and pull a human into one of the paintings.
This being an era when no one has any room in their heart for showing interest in paintings, he finds himself sleeping a lot.
He very rarely interferes with the other school youkai's hunts, so they tend to dote on him like a younger brother.
He's a quiet kid and usually doesn't hunt much, but his style of hunting are pretty cruel. The prey will never escape.
Despite his appearance, he always mistaken as a girl. Although he cut his hair and changed his clothes, just a few people suspect him for being male.
There's a hint that he used to be a model for the painting "Child with a whip", so maybe he's a former human as well.
His power has the following rules:
- Never let Renoir lend you a paintbrush.
- If Renoir points to one of the pictures in the art room and asks you who made it, you have to answer the name of the artist correctly.
- You can't lie when answering Renoir's questions.
- If you break any of the above three rues you'll be cursed by Renoir to befall the same fate as one of the paintings on the art room walls.
- Renoir looks just like the kid in the painting 'Child with a Whip' hanging on the art room's wall.
- Yuuki Noda (Friend)
- Nafumi Shintani (Enemy, victim)
- "Even if you don't know who i am, I know who you are Sensei." - The Boys' Portrait
- "...People make that mistake a lot. ...Confusing me for a girl...." - The Boys' Portrait