- 1 We're a mixed grade
- 2 We don't have a uniform
- 3 The Maebara Manor
- 4 The dam site murder/dismemberment (Newspaper edition)
- 5 The Hinamizawa Dam Project
- 6 Special tabloid report
- 7 What kind of name is Rena?
- 8 Community notice
- 9 Houjou couple's falling incident
- 10 The terminal illness death of Shinto Priest Furude
- 11 Housewife murder
- 12 Radio log
- 13 There are more than four perpetrators
- 14 Search notice
- 15 Notice from the police chief
- 16 What's a drug that makes you commit suicide?
- 17 Threat
- 18 Not feeling so hot
- 19 Split personality???
- 20 At the Seventh Market
We're a mixed grade
We don't have a uniform
The Maebara Manor
The dam site murder/dismemberment (Newspaper edition)
A newspaper dated June 1979 reports that at the Okinomiya police station, five people have been arrested on suspicion of murder and improper disposal of a corpse, and the sixth person, the leader, is on wanted lists nationwide. Sources say the six were at the Hinamizawa dam construction site break room until 9 PM and murdered the site overseer, dismembering and hiding his body.
At 8:00 AM the next day, one of the suspects alluded to the murder while at the Shishibone hospital, and after police interrogation he confessed to it. He was soon arrested after a portion of the body was recovered at the location he gave. The other suspects followed, but the ringleader has still not been found. The motive is believed to be that they assaulted the overseer after a drunken verbal dispute, but there are inconsistencies because of the multiple testimonies.