Matsuribayashi (祭囃し編 Matsuribayashi-hen, lit. Festival Accompanying Chapter), also known as the Festival Accompanying Arc in the manga, is the final chapter of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai and the overall series, concluding the main story. It was released at Comiket 70 on August 13, 2006. The Saikoroshi arc in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei serves as an epilogue to the events of Matsuribayashi.
The original release of Matsuribayashi includes the previous 3 chapters. In other words, it is effectively the full Higurashi Kai release.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
~At least let it end with a blissful dream~
- Festival Accompanying Chapter -
The riddle you have been entrusted with solving now finally becomes unraveled.
What must be done to stop the chain?
And what will happen in the ultimate end?
It's a showdown between the conclusion you reached and the one I reached.
There is no difficulty. You should understand that now.
Plot Summary[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Matsuribayashi-hen/Plot Summary
The true culprit's motivations are revealed, and the events leading up to June 1983 are recounted. Rika and Hanyuu bet everything on one final Fragment in an attempt to reach a happy ending for everyone.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Rumiko Chie
- Kyousuke Irie
- Teppei Houjou
- Keiichi Maebara
- Rena Ryuugu
- Mion Sonozaki
- Shion Sonozaki
- Satoko Houjou
- Rika Furude
- Kuraudo Ooishi
- Tatsuyoshi Kasai
- Akane Sonozaki
- Mamoru Akasaka
- Jirou Tomitake
- Miyo Takano
Adaptations[edit | edit source]
Anime[edit | edit source]
- Miyo (aired: October 8, 2007)
- Wriggling (aired: October 15, 2007)
- The Beginning of the End (aired: October 22, 2007)
- Strategy (aired: October 29, 2007)
- The Final Piece (aired: November 5, 2007)
- Opening (aired: November 12, 2007)
- Trap (aired: November 19, 2007)
- 48 Hours (aired: November 26, 2007)
- Offense and Defense (aired: December 3, 2007)
- Bloody Battle (aired: December 10, 2007)
- End (aired: December 17, 2007)
Openings[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]