|This article is about a character in Umineko When They Cry.|
Manon (眞音 Manon) is a former servant of the Ushiromiya family. She only appears in Requiem of the Golden Witch.
Manon has long brown hair, fair skin and big gray eyes. Her clothes are the same as the other female Ushiromiya servants.
Manon was one of the orphans from the Fukuin House who worked in the Ushiromiya household.
- Mammon (vessel of)
- Kinzo Ushiromiya (employer)
- Ushiromiya Servants (coworkers)
- Jessica Ushiromiya (friend)
Role in the Story
She, along with various characters, were questioned by Zepar and Furfur as witnesses to describe what Yasuda was like before becoming a witch. Appearing for the first time on the day before the family conference of 1980, Manon is the last among the Stakes of Purgatory vessels to show up chronologically. As a result, she likely has no idea who Yasu, the original persona of Yasuda, is. Manon is shown to be great friends with Jessica and Shannon and they gather in Jessica's room whenever Natsuhi is not around.
She last appeared in 1982 before the family conference of the year and was not present in the final Ushiromiya family conference. It is unknown if she had resigned by then or wasn't scheduled to work during that time.
- A character named Manon was going to appear in Legend of the Golden Witch, but Ryukishi07 scrapped her.
- Episode 1 Shinsou Kaimei Dokuhon. "Are there any other characters whose settings have changed while you were working on them?" Ryukishi07: "Well, I've had a lot of rejected drawings. For example, I drew a servant character named Manon, but since there was a character named Shannon, I thought it would be too much. I even drew her face, but I had to cut Manon out to make room for Shannon."