Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni: The First Night (彼岸花の咲く夜に 第一夜 Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni Dai Ichi-Ya, lit. On the Night the Red Spider Lily Blooms: First Night) is the first installment of the Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni sound novels. It was first released on August 13, 2011 at Comiket 80.
An English patch was created by Spider Lily Translations. MangaGamer briefly licensed the Japanese version for sale and use with Spider Lily's patch.
A 3DS port of The First Night was released on July 27, 2016 and was published by FuRyu.
- 1 Official Introduction
- 2 Overview
- 3 Story Arcs
- 4 Openings
- 5 Credits
- 6 External links
- 7 References
Marie is trapped in a horrible situation. She's being constantly tormented by her classmates and regularly molested by her teacher. With nowhere else to turn, she finds herself asking for supernatural help from one of the seven demons of the seven mysteries of her school. All she desires is the death of her cruel classmates and teacher. How far will Marie be willing to go in order to achieve the murders that would free her from her living hell?
Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni - Dai Ichi Ya is a visual novel consisting of seven chapters, starting with Mesomeso-san. Additional chapters are unlocked by completing the previous chapter in general and upon completing the last chapter Utopia, Library and Music Room are unlocked.
Similar to most other 07th Expansion works; Higanbana is a linear visual novel, meaning that player choices are not available.
A boy named Takeshi Nonomiya discovers an old camera in a classroom that can seemingly take pictures of ghosts. When he discovers Marie appearing in a picture when she doesn't exist, Nonomiya investigates the matter.
Michiru Sakurada is a girl who can see ghosts. When the shrine near the school is damaged, Michiru sets out to repair it before it's too late.
A certain girl has a fun day at school.
Spider Lily Translations's English Subtitled Version
- Staff: Ryukishi07, dai, Nekozakura, Anzu, Kagami, Tsubasa, Yuu Tsubaki, Rai Hosaka, Yasaka, Tokihi
- Music and SFX: dai, M.Zakky, morrigan, pre-holder, SB YUNE, Luck Ganriki, Kino Nei
- Theme Song: Cross Over into Love at Dusk
- Lyrics: Sakura Kanae and Luck Ganriki
- Composition: dai and Luck Ganriki
- Arrangement: Luck Ganriki and dai
- Song Chorus: Kino Nei
- Recording Studio: Studio VOX
- Mixing Engineer: Shoji Matsugane
- Guitar: Niimu
- Opening Movie: Yoyu
- NScripter: Naoki Takahashi
- NScripter Extension Effects: Koubou Kimikagesou
- Special Thanks: Fujimi Shobo, Nishieda, Ichirou Tsunohazu, Takashi Harada (Fujimi Shobo), MasaoZZ, Asuka Kasuya, Yukina Sanada
- Spider Lily Translations's English patch for First Night and Second Night: http://www.spiderlilytranslations.com/