|This article is about a piece of terminology in Umineko no Naku Koro ni.|
Blue Truth is presented in the original sound novels through blue text and a thudding sound effect playing. The nature of how the Blue Truth is distinguished from other words by the characters (aside from the reader for obvious reasons) is unknown. Blue Truth can be manifested as stakes.
When Blue Truth is used in the anime, the words appear with a sound effect and fly around the area.
Due to color printing limitations in the official manga, the blue text is replaced by black-outlined white letters in a different font.
It is mainly used to represent a possibility to counter the logic of the Witch's Side, but can also be used against humans as well. Statements said in the Blue Truth must continue to abide by the Red Truth and can be assumed to be true, unless they are directly refuted by the Red Truth, or the Golden Truth.
The Blue Truth must be used in a manner that advances the user's overall theory, rather than simply fishing for more information; for Battler, any assertion he makes in blue must directly deny the influence of the supernatural in the events of Rokkenjima. Since such a denial, if accepted as true, weakens the Golden Witch, this forces her to shoot down blue statements with Red Truth, rather than declining to answer as in the second and third games. The Witch side may delay until the end of the game to challenge Blue Truths; after all, only one puzzle unsolved by any explanation other than magic is enough to sustain the Illusion of the Witch, but one carelessly phrased Red Truth can eliminate the possibility of magic from all of them. One effective denial isn't fatal, but unchallenged denial of magic in all the mysteries becomes a categorical denial of Witches.
The use of the Blue Truth can be analogous to a shot-gun in contrast to the Red Truth, which would be akin to a single-shot handgun. To counter the Red Truth, Battler previously attempted to defeat Beatrice by introducing theories she could not repeat in Red; following the gun metaphor, his approach forced him to fire once and reload every time he missed. The Blue Truth enables him to attack Beatrice with multiple possibilities at once, like the scattering effect of an exploding shot-gun shell. Though most of the projectiles may miss, there is still the possibility that at least one shot will hit the target.
Blue Truth can be used by both humans and witches.
List of Blue Truths Used in the Series
Chapter 4: Red Truth, Blue Truth
- Ushiromiya Kinzo is already dead. Therefore, the true number of people on the island is 17! By adding an unknown person X to that, it becomes 18 people. By supposing that this person X exists, the crimes will be possible even if all 17 people have alibis!!
Chapter 17: Cause of the Tragedy
- Due to my previous demand to repeat and your subsequent refusal, I proclaim that you are not qualified to be my opponent. After all, Beatrice opened this game...in order to fight with 'Ushiromiya Kinzo's grandchild Ushiromiya, Battler'. This gave you the responsibility, as my opponent, to declare in red that you are 'Ushiromiya Kinzo's grandchild Ushiromiya Battler'. You have refused to repeat that. This means the loss of your qualifications.
- It may be a fact that you have the name Ushiromiya Battler. However, people's names are not exclusive. There is a possibility that multiple humans have the name Ushiromiya Battler. In short, this is what it means. ...You are a different person with the same first and last names as Ushiromiya Asumu's son, Ushiromiya Battler.
Chapter 19: Ushiromiya Ange
- The one who is qualified to be Beato's opponent is 'Kinzo's grandchild, Ushiromiya Battler', and whether you're 'Asumu's son' or not isn't a problem. Thus, even if you aren't Asumu's son, you can still be Kinzo's grandchild. As long as you're Rudolf's son!
- Ushiromiya Kinzo is already dead! So the true number of people on the island is 17! By adding in an unknown person X, that makes 18 people. By supposing the existence of this person X, the crime is possible even if all 17 people have alibis. By this, even though the number of people reaches 18, it is still possible for culprit X to exist and carry out crimes, even if all 18 people seem to have alibis!!
Regarding the Fourth to Sixth Twilights of the second game
- Aunt Rosa handed a key over to culprit X by some method, assisting in the closed room murder! And after that, she retrieved the key by a similar method!
Regarding the third game
- The six linked closed rooms, the murders of Aunt Rosa and Maria, Dad and the rest's deaths in the hall, the murders of Uncle Krauss and Aunt Natsuhi...all of that can be explained if we suppose that Aunt Eva was the culprit.
- And even that final riddle that you proposed through EVA, the murder of Doctor Nanjo, can be explained with an 18th unknown person X.
- In that case, everything works out as long as someone locked the window after George-aniki escaped through it!
Regarding the fourth game
- The 18th person X went wild with a gun and killed everyone. As for the pitfalls, there is a chance that pitfalls truly were hidden there, and it's possible to explain it using Kyrie-san's theory, supposing that poison dart-shooting device X which can knock out a person out instantly, exists. The murders of George-aniki, Jessica, and those who escaped from the dungeon can also be explained using guns, just like the dining hall.
- That Grandfather was a different person, a body double. A different person the relatives mistook for Grandfather!
- In the second game, when you announced with the red truth that there were five master keys, even though there could have been more than five in the first game, you changed the premises of the later games. So, it's possible that Kinzo's life or death status was changed for the 4th game alone. Therefore, Kinzo's existence in the fourth game doesn't serve as proof that he existed in the previous games...! Therefore, even if we suppose that six murders in the dining hall were carried out by Grandfather, it contradicts nothing!
- My theory's that the name of Kinzo gets passed on as the title of the Ushiromiya family head! Ushiromiya Kinzo was already dead. And he passed 'that name' on to someone else! Everyone acknowledged that!! That way, 'All of those who met at the family conference acknowledged the presence of Kinzo'!! There wasn't even any need to disguise themselves as Grandfather. Because everyone acknowledged a new 'Kinzo'! So, 'they didn't actually mistake Kinzo by sight'!! As long as this theory is not denied, nothing can change the fact that you're dead!!!
- Ushiromiya Kinzo was already dead! That's right, you definitely deserve to be pitied, since whenever we find your corpse, it's always completely burnt. That was a device to hide the fact that time had passed since your death!! Then, you passed the name on to someone else!!
- George-aniki and Jessica's deaths in the fourth game can also be explained by culprit X!! And the five who escaped from the dungeon and were killed, and the two in the gardening shed, and Maria in the end! All of those can be explained with 18th person X!! There's nothing strange there at all!!
Regarding the First Twilight of the first game
- There's nothing strange about the murder of the six relatives that were found in the gardening shed at the start! The crime was possible for any of those who didn't have an alibi!!
Regarding the Second Twilight of the first game
- Suppose that the culprit was a human without an alibi. In other words, the dead! We weren't able to identify some of the first six corpses because of their smashed faces. Maybe one was actually a disguised corpse, and culprit X killed those two after making us think they were a victim and hiding away! Then, after the closed room murder was constructed, the culprit hid under the bed and waited for all of us to come and leave!!
Regarding the Fourth Twilight of the first game
- If no one could kill him, then he might've been the one to kill!! Kanon-kun might've killed himself.
- Kanon-kun died for a reason that was neither suicide nor homicide. The details are unknown, but he died due to an accident. Because of the Devil's Proof, I refuse to explain what kind of blunder could've led to an accidental death where a stake was driven into his chest!!
Regarding the Sixth to Eight Twilights of the first game
- We can explain those murders with culprit X, who hid away using an unidentified corpse. After all, those three had their faces smashed. It's completely possible that one of them was a body-double corpse!
- Then you can explain it with simultaneous murders. Each of them had a gun, pointed it clockwise, and blew each others' faces off at the same time! After that, Maria collected those guns and hid them!!
Regarding the Ninth Twilight of the first game
- You can explain it with an indirect murder due to trap X! Something was done to Aunt Natsuhi's gun. It could have been a trap gun, built to send a bullet right into the forehead of anyone who tried to hold it up and shoot it!!
- It's possible that Aunt Natsuhi was lured out by that letter, whose contents were unknown! She was called out into the hall. Then, she was forced to stand at a specified location at a specified time and murdered by trap X, which used a gun that had been installed there beforehand!!
Regarding the First Twilight of the second game
- Someone secretly borrowed Maria's key...and secretly returned it to Maria's bag after the crime was over!!
- That door might've had an auto-lock, just like Gramps' study. In other words, it was unlocked before the crime, with a rock or something wedged in so that it couldn't close completely. Then, someone gave the key to Maria. The lock was automatic, so it's possible to make a theory where the key wasn't needed!
- The victims locked the door from the inside. One of the six was the culprit, and this person killed the other five, then pretended to be dead!!
- There were people, Kumasawa-san in particular, who had no alibi at the time. If we assume that someone was hiding on the inside, then we've got no problems!
- The food they were given had small bombs in it, which exploded from inside their stomachs. In other words, the crime was possible through trap X! The exact nature of bombs they could swallow without noticing and which could also blow open their stomachs is a Devil's Proof! I refuse to explain!!
Regarding the Second Twilight of the second game
- If the culprit was one of the servants, they could've used a master key. It's not even a closed room!
Regarding Kanon's reappearance in the second game
- If Kanon-kun's death was proclaimed with the red, there's no way he was alive. Therefore, there's a chance that the one who attacked that group was in a disguise that made everyone mistakenly think it was Kanon-kun!
- Then, just like the heredity of Kinzo's name, there's a possibility that Kanon's name was inherited by someone. You could suppose that Kanon-kun was killed, a different person succeeded that name, and that this person attacked them!!
Regarding the First Twilight of the third game
- Plenty of people besides Gramps could've committed the crime! You could even claim that all the adults holding the family conference were in on it!
- Then they were killed with poison gas! Even if a key couldn't pass through, gas could, right?! The murder was carried out from outside the closed room!!
- After the murder of each person in their respective rooms, the culprit created a linked closed room. But the culprit had no way to return just the key to the very last room. And yet, they were able to do it. After all, the first person to discover a corpse just had to pretend to find the key and pull it from the pocket of one of the corpses!!
Regarding Nanjo's death in the third game
- However, their deaths were not proclaimed in red at the instant Doctor Nanjo died. Strictly speaking, it was in the fight between me and EVA after Doctor Nanjo's corpse was found. In other words, if someone was alive at the time Doctor Nanjo was killed, and then died before EVA made that proclamation, you can sew right through that crack!! In other words, it's like this. Someone who was first confirmed dead by EVA's proclamation was a culprit. They cleverly played dead earlier and waited for us to come and go...! Before their death was announced in red, we were made to think that they'd died. Then, they killed Doctor Nanjo...and later died for some reason! After that, EVA proclaimed their death in red!!
Chapter 2: A Proper Mystery
- The reason Grandfather's strolling around like nothing happened even though he's already dead...is that people who want to make it seem as though he's alive created an illusion of him. People who think the same way can share in that illusion. Then, they'll talk as though Grandfather actually exists and was with them until a second ago. That's why he's strolling around like it's perfectly natural. Because of this, the illusion of Grandfather is unable to appear in front of people who aren't in on this with Aunt Natsuhi. That's why they made up the story of him shutting himself away in his study and refusing to come out.
- Because they all stuck to the same story, an illusion of Grandfather was able to exist on this island, making it seem like he was alive.
- In the last game, you said in red that Grandfather's dead at the start time for all games. However, you never mentioned whether Grandfather was alive or dead before the start time for the games. ...In short, even if Grandfather exists in this place right now, that doesn't create any contradictions.
- And, I also can't deny the existence of the Beatrice in this place. The number of people on this island outside the game board...in other words, before October 4th, 1986, has not been proclaimed in red. Therefore, there's nothing strange about Beatrice existing here.
Chapter 6: Those Who Reach It
- I was probably in an excited state after solving the epitaph's riddle. Then I mistook something for Grandfather. For example, maybe there was some kind of sheet or cover that had gotten caught in a dark grove of trees, which looked like Grandfather wearing a pitch-black cloak! As a result, I mistakenly thought that I'd had some sort of conversation with Grandfather.
Chapter 10: Morning of Tragedy (Regarding the First Twilight)
- The victims aren't actually dead. They pretended to be dead, then secretly hid themselves somewhere. After all, you haven't proclaimed anyone's deaths with the red truth.
- Krauss carried the corpses off and hid them. You've acted it out so that it looks like you've kidnapped Krauss and locked him up somewhere, but he might actually be free. Krauss has no alibi. Krauss hid their corpses.
- The corpses were different people in the first place. They were substitute corpses that closely resembled the victims. George and the others were hiding from the beginning, and later cleared up those substitute corpses. These corpses were dead from the very beginning, so they don't count towards the number of people on the island.
Chapter 11: Ten Wedges to Pierce Witches (Regarding Kinzo's disappearance from his study)
- You can't deny the possibility that Natsuhi met with Kinzo at 23:00. During the six hours or more before you pushed your way into the study, Kinzo had many chances to escape from it! Because of this, you can't state decisively that Kinzo doesn't exist.
- Proof is unnecessary!! It's a Devil's Proof. It's impossible to find a hidden door and therefore impossible to disprove that it exists!! Therefore, no one can deny the possibility that Kinzo escaped from this study through a hidden door!!
- It's possible that, after slipping out the door, Kinzo noticed the trick with the receipt and correctly returned it to its original place.
- Kinzo might have been a marvelous magician and an inventor, right?! He might have invented a drug that turns his body to mist and slipped out through the keyhole!!
- Or maybe he invented a teleport device, right?! That possibility is undeniable because of the Devil's Proof!!
- Oh, so you can examine every drug in the world? You can deny the existence of unknown scientific devices?! There's no way you can; it's a Devil's Proof! You cannot deny that they might exist!
- Natsuhi claims to have 'talked with Kinzo in the study', but she never said that she spoke with him face to face. Therefore, if Kinzo was in a location other than the study, there is no contradiction as long as they held a conversation!
- Natsuhi used the internal phone line in this study to speak with Kinzo, who was in another place! There'd be nothing strange if Kinzo, who hates the relatives, predicted that they'd enter his study and left to go elsewhere. He might've gone to the hidden mansion, Kuwadorian!
- There's a chance the Kinzo Natsuhi mentioned does not refer to the person himself! The Kinzo Natsuhi spoke of might have been another name for this room, right? Kinzo had taken refuge in Kuwadorian and was impossible to contact. Perhaps Natsuhi called this room 'Father', and by contemplating inside it, she felt as though she had received some sort of revelation from Kinzo!!
- Even if, as you say, this is a closed room and impossible to escape from, you can't deny the possibility that he's still hiding in this room. I'm not talking about a hidden door! He might be under the bed or above the ceiling! He might be hiding in a truly unobtrusive blind spot that only demons could know of, right?! Or, it might be that Natsuhi, who was ordered to speak specially on Kinzo's behalf, considered herself both his representative and another Kinzo! In other words, it's possible that Natsuhi was also Kinzo! I've got plenty more!! At 23:00 last night, Kinzo escaped out the window! Natsuhi watched him go, then locked the window!! This doesn't lead to any problems. In fact, it might be the most beautiful blue truth yet!
- Maybe he's under the bed?!
- Maybe he's in the bathtub!!
- Inside the closet! Under the desk! Behind the curtains!!
- Behind the bookshelf, behind the closet, under the carpet, under the floor, above the ceiling, behind the wallpaper, inside the sofa, inside the chair, inside the bed, inside the blankets, inside the walls, inside a rock, inside a crag, inside the room!!
- I'm not saying that Aunt Natsuhi helped Grandfather escape. ...But what if Grandfather snuck out, keeping it a secret from Aunt Natsuhi?!
- After Grandfather jumped out the window, Aunt Natsuhi probably noticed a slight draft. She then approached the window, realized it was wide open, then quickly closed and locked it...!!
- Natsuhi couldn't have imagined that I'd slip out the window!
- Yeah!! So it's only natural that Aunt Natsuhi thought Kinzo was sleeping in bed!!
- Be that as it may, this is the third floor...! How could a wingless human escape from the window...?!!
- This is the answeeeeeer, aaaaaaaahhhhh!!
- Was it shown beforehand that a blind spot existed within the study for Natsuhi? If it wasn't shown, this theory will not be permitted.
- Ushiromiya Kinzo escaped from the study through the window when Aunt Natsuhi couldn't see him. Aunt Natsuhi didn't notice and locked the window. In this way, Aunt Natsuhi saw Grandfather go to bed, yet Grandfather was able to escape from the study without contradicting the lock of the window or the door sealed by the receipt. I have just demonstrated that it was physically possible for him to escape. Therefore, this battle is over!!
Chapter 12: Reasoning and Inspection
Regarding the knock and letter
- Maybe one of those not in the parlor Krauss, Natsuhi or Genji, simply saw their chance right after that and placed the letter there. No wait, it should be possible for the people who supposedly went to the guesthouse too. We heard that the mansion was locked and that no one outside could get in, but if someone pretended to have gone to the guesthouse and instead hid inside the mansion, it would've been perfectly possible for them to place the letter there.
- First off, we can doubt whether the knock was even something hitting the door to the dining hall at all. For example, there may be a certain pillar on the second floor which, because of how the mansion's constructed, makes a noise when struck that gets transmitted down the pillar and that sounds just like a knock on the door to people in the dining hall. Or they could have misheard some random sound to be a knock, and they all misconstrued it in the same way. Or the recorded sound of a knock could have been stealthily replayed from a tape, which might have been carefully set up to go off at exactly that time.
- Then, when Shannon and Kanon came in to serve tea, who was the last Human to enter the dining hall...? Let's say it was Kanon. Wouldn't it be easy if Kanon, the last person in, secretly dropped the letter there when he closed the door?
- Someone who existed outside of the mansion at 24:00 placed a letter somewhere other than the hallway beforehand. Then, it was moved by some means and ended up 'placed in the hallway'. Just as an example, let's say it was stuck to the bottom of the serving cart the servants were pushing. It was simply glued there in a way that would make it come unstuck after a certain amount of time. When it eventually fell off, it became 'the letter left behind by a witch' who shouldn't have existed. In other words, this is a classic trick where the true sender gives themselves an alibi by making the letter appear at a different time.
- Maybe someone other than Krauss, Natsuhi, or Genji made that knock, or else a sound that could be misidentified as a knock.
- What if I, Furudo Erika, recorded a knocking sound on a cassette tape...and used some kind of secret contraption to start it playing at exactly 2400? Of course, I wasn't in the mansion at 24:00.
- In that case, the letter might've been stuck to the ceiling of the hallway instead of the serving cart. The ceiling of the hallway is surprisingly high, so even if you just stuck it there out in the open, maybe no one would notice it. This way, it would certainly fall in the corridor. And you can slip by the red if someone outside the mansion did this!
- I've hit you with the blue stake that 'someone outside the mansion set things up with a cassette tape or something to make a knock sound play'...!
- There was some kind of device that could knock on the door. There was something like an automatic door knocker, and that made it possible to knock without touching the door with your hands.
Regarding Kinzo's disappearance from his study
- When you set up the ladder from the courtyard and saw Rudolf-san go up it to the third story window, you closely observed the construction of the outer wall...and realized that by cleverly using a rain gutter, it might be possible to go down to the courtyard from the third floor window...! You didn't jump down! You used a rain gutter or something and clumsily wriggled down the outer wall!!
- Trying to look cool and making it look like you jumped down was all an illusion! You just jumped out and latched onto a rain gutter...!!
Chapter 14: The Great Court of Illusions
Regarding the First Twilight
- Gohda and Kumasawa have no alibis. The two of them were in the guesthouse and could have reached the cousin room to commit murder at any time. Unless you can deny that possibility, you cannot treat Natsuhi as the culprit.
- Even so, he shouldn't have an alibi for the time period before and after you were in the lounge! It was possible for Nanjo to commit the crime too!
- For example, what if someone placed a ladder against the outer wall of the guesthouse and snuck in through a second story window?! There must be a way to reach the second floor without passing through the lounge! That way, it would be possible to reach the crime scene without you seeing it...!
- Therefore, the time of the crime is limited to the single hour between 24:00, when they were confirmed to be alive, and 1:00 AM, when our party in the lounge started!
- Can't we doubt the reliability of these seals of Erika's?! Something like wedging some paper in a door can't create a perfect alibi! It might be that someone noticed by chance and happened to put it back in the same place...!!
- I'll acknowledge Erika's seals...! However, Aunt Eva's seal on Genji-san's room should be different!!
- Erika said something about a scientific investigation and fished through the chemicals in Grandfather's room, right?! There might have been some kind of solvent in there!! If you used that, you might be able to tear off the packing tape without leaving fingernail marks!!
- Let's assume that there exists some method X that can lead someone to the second floor of the guesthouse without passing through the lounge! Erika claims that the windows and such were sealed, but she can't prove that she sealed all possible means of entry! There's a possibility that Erika was unable to seal entrance X because she couldn't find it!
- I present the possibility that Erika's lookout in the lounge wasn't perfect!! During the two hours Erika spent there, she really observed everything without looking away for a second?! It might be possible for someone to have passed through the lounge during a small gap without at least Erika seeing them!!
- But was that really Aunt Rosa herself?! There's a possibility that someone disguised themselves as Aunt Rosa!! Or maybe she was actually holding a large suitcase with someone hiding inside it!
- Aunt Natsuhi was being threatened by someone!! The uninvited, unknown guest X is the true culprit!! How can you be sure we're the only ones on this island?! The true culprit is someone else!
- Maybe they were killed with poison in a remote murder!! Umm, ...with a strange drug that can make a cut appear in someone's neck when they die...!! That type of murder has a ed effect, so even with an alibi-
- There's a chance that there existed a murder device X in the cousin room and Genji-san's waiting room that made a remote murder possible...!! It had some secret mechanism that still hasn't been discovered, and-
- Anyway, there exists a culprit other than Aunt Natsuhi!! If you want to deny that, try and repeat in red that 'none of the appearing characters were the culprit'!!
- You say that everyone except Aunt Natsuhi has an alibi?! You're forgetting one person!! Who's gonna prove that Erika herself has an alibi?!!
- Unless she's caught red-handed, you should never be able to deny the possibility that Aunt Natsuhi is innocent!! Can you even deny future possibilities, like if a piece of evidence X that Erika hasn't discovered proves Natsuhi's innocence?!
- Th-This tale is filled with malicious lies!! The tale itself has become a trap to capture Natsuhi! The tale should be constructed only from impartial truths!!
- I was the culprit, so maybe I gave George-aniki and the others a slow-acting poison to make them die after 24:00, then silently slit their throats when I returned at 3:00 AM!! I could have done it so quietly that Erika wouldn't hear...!!
- Everyone committed suicide...!! So there is no culprit!!
- Erika didn't personally examine the corpses, right?! It should be possible for people who aren't the detective to make a mistake when examining corpses!!
- Then maybe there were body double corpses!! They prepared corpses beforehand that closely resembled the victims...!!
- Th-Then how can you claim that Uncle Krauss is dead without his corpse?!! Doesn't that violate Knox's somethingth or whatever?!!
- Therefore, it is suspected that Ushiromiya Natsuhi and Ushiromiya Kinzo had sexual relations with each other. Why else would a man and a woman share the same bed all night long?
- Lady Erika's reasoning has solved the 5th GAME. No new facts exist that overturn the truth created by this reasoning...!!
- It's possible to construct it using the revenge of the baby from 19 years ago, the one from Aunt Natsuhi's confession.
- What if the baby from 19 years ago was among us since the very beginning? For example, ...what if it was me?!
- "It's only possible for the crime to have taken place between 24:00 and 1:00!! During that one hour, you were in the dining hall of the mansion!! Therefore, it was impossible for you to commit the crime!" It has not been specified that the time of death was between 24:00 and 1:00. Therefore, it's possible that the crime didn't occur between 24:00 and 1:00...!"
- By the time of the crime's discovery, you mean the point at which I let out a scream and everyone gathered there. Even if it was impossible to kill them before that point, it was possible to kill them afterwards...!!
- In that case, when do you claim the red truth death proclamation happened?! Are you saying you can pinpoint that?! You can't pinpoint it, so you can't deny that the death proclamation was made at the time of the crime's discovery!!
- ...The death proclamation was made at 24:00 on the second day...in other words, at the end of the game. That does not deny the possibility that the murder occurred after the morning of the second day, after the so-called `discovery of the crime'...!
- Did you see that yourself, Miss Detective...? True, our current understanding is that no corpse will lead to a mistaken examination, no matter who performs it, ...but no rule named so far has prevented something other than a corpse from being called a corpse.
- ...Shouldn't you rethink your reasoning? Kinzo doesn't exist. Therefore, the way for the bodies to disappear in your theory is a failure.
- Can you prove that this corpse is Ushiromiya Kinzo's?! No matter how much it resembles him, unless you can prove that it is him, it is possible to claim that it was a substitute corpse from someone ELSE!! Can you show that it was Kinzo's corpse with the truth of HUMANS?! In this case alone, and with the red truth specifically, no counterargument will be valid...!!
- In this closed-off Rokkenjima, there is no objective way to show that this corpse is Grandfather's. And that itself suggests the possibility that this corpse is a body double! This unidentifiable corpse cannot serve as proof of Kinzo's death...!! ...Checkmate...!! My theory does not waver!!
- It is possible that it was just a sheet or something fluttering in the wind and rain, which you mistook for Kinzo. It cannot be used as foreshadowing to form a basis for Knox's 9th...!! Mistaking one thing for another is a right permitted to all observers!!
- Therefore, my perspective in this game is based upon the 9th, not the 7th...!! The fact that I claimed to have seen Grandfather is proooooooooooofff!!!
- I'll present a truth that conflicts with yours!! Aunt Natsuhi was threatened by a phone call over the internal line, sent by the man from 19 years ago, me! His goal was to make Aunt Natsuhi look like a murderer...!! From the beginning, this has all been a drama of revenge intent on framing Aunt Natsuhi...!!
- Th-That's wrong, it's a drama of revenge against the Ushiromiya family that Natsuhi thought up!! Your theory outright opposes mine!!
Chapter 4: The Source of Magic (Regarding the candy-cup incident)
- You might be telling a lie about something that never happened!!
- This wouldn't have anything to do with a trick in the actual cup or table, making this just a sleight of hand, right?
- While you had your eyes closed, I just lifted the cup up and tossed a candy in!! You call that magic? It's just a third-rate triiiiiick, hyahhaaaaaaah!!!
- Everything you ever thought was magic was just a trick that you didn't get!! There's no way that was magic! There's no way magic exiiiiiiiiiiiiiists!!
- I-It might have been sleight of hand when you put candy in this cup, but that doesn't prove that Beato's magic was also sleight of hand.
- However, you also can't prove that only magic could've done it!! You rotten stuffed animaaaal!!
- However, it might really have been magic when Maria saw it...! Just because it can be done by sleight of hand doesn't disprove magic.
Chapter 12: About the Crime Scene (Regarding the First Twilight)
- Krauss's group cut the chain and destroyed the closed rooms, then killed the people inside.
Chapter 14: Logic Error
- There is a possibility of a hidden door X that is impossible to discover. He's hidden behind that, so it's impossible for me to find him.
- You did not vanish from this room. You just hid yourself to make it seem as though you'd disappeared from a closed room. The place you are hiding...is the 'one exception' that I haven't investigated yet.
- This is the one exception. ...The walk-in closet next to the entrance!!
- There are no places in which to hide other than THIS. You are now hiding in HERE.
- Battler is hiding in the closet
- Gohda severed the chain back when the crime was first discovered. Since the chain lock is not functioning, it is impossible to use it to create a seal.
Chapter 16: The Demon Wedding Ceremony
- It's possible for Kanon to save Battler. After Erika sealed the room, he left by the window, switched places with Battler-kun in the guest room, set the chain lock, and hid in the closet.
- When you mentioned window seals just now, you were talking about the ones on the room where Kanon was, the cousin room, right? Then what about the windows on the next room over? All you've done is shown that the rescue would've been impossible for Kanon. There's still a chance for the humans in the next room over...!
Chapter 18: Red and Blue Truth
- So, if Kanon really was in this room, it would be impossible for him to escape! In other words, Kanon was not in that room at the time it was sealed!! The name 'Kanon' is an alias. His real name is still unknown! If his real name happens to be the same as anyone in the next room over, that wouldn't contradict the check on who was in that room. In other words, it's possible for him to be in the next room over, not the cousin room!!
- It is true that the next room over was sealed, but at the time of the logic error, only the doors were checked to see whether the seals were preserved. Therefore, there is a chance that the window seals were broken. Kanon was in the next room over...and escaped through that window...!!
- Because of the aforementioned reasons, the only one who could've set the chain lock, which can only be set from the inside, and allowed Battler's escape...is Kanon, the only person to enter the room except for me and Battler! After Kanon entered the room, he set the chain, hid in the one place that he could hide inside the guest room, the closet-
- 'Battler's guest room disappearance trick' is as follows. ...While I searched the room, Battler was hiding in the closet. Then, during the disturbance in the bathroom, he unset the chain and escaped from the room. At that time, Kanon was waiting for him in the hallway. Kanon entered the guest room in his place and set the chain. This is the trick to Battler's disappearance. ...And, afterwards, ......he hid in the bedroom. This happened after I checked to see that there was no one unexpected in the bedroom, so it's valid. In this way, Kanon the rescuer concealed himself in the bedroom.
Chapter 1: The Murder of Beatrice
- That's a Devil's Proof. Maybe it just isn't inside the casket? Unless you can prove that no corpse exists, this is mystery.
Chapter 7: The Bern Puzzle
- The culprit locked the door from the inside, then hid in Natsuhi's room. Then, after everyone left, they found an opportunity to escape.
Chapter 9: The Visitor Who Came Late
- It's possible to form a logical theory other than 'the Rudolf's family culprit theory'.
- Anything besides the Rudolf's family culprit theory would be impossibllle... ...Absolutely impossibllle...!!
- For example, a theory with George's family as the culprits is possible.
- A George's family culprit theory is impossiiible! George can't kill Shannnnnnon!! So he can't be a culprit, and he can't liiiie when checking corpses!!!
Chapter 10: Black Cat Scratch Marks (Regarding Battler and Erika's duel)
- Furudo Erika committed suicide, died in an accident, died of an illness, died by some reason other than homicide!!
- It was a murder committed by slipping poison gas through the crack of the door, by filling the room with water and drowning you, by sucking the oxygen out of the room and making you suffocate!!
- Ushiromiya Battler committed suicide, he died in an accident, he was killed by an illness!!
Chapter 11: Hachijo Tohya
Regarding Battler and Erika's duel
- The chain might have been repaired after it was destroyed! The door might have been repaired after it was destroyed! The wall might have been repaired after it was destroyed!!
Regarding Beatrice's challenge to Ange
- This closed room is perfect!! Therefore, I can't get out, and you can't lay a finger on me from the outside! However, you 'locked me into this room'! So, we can say you killed me with this simple trick...!! You shut me in this perfect closed room and made me starve to death...!! Since you intentionally did this, it's totally fair to say 'This is a closed room murder with you as the killer'!!
Regarding Battler and Erika's duel
- The chain for your closed room was extra long, so it was possible to set and unset it from outside the room!!!
- Your closed room had no ceiling, so it was possible to enter by climbing over the wall!!!
Only blue truths that are not in the original visual novel will be listed in this section. Some blue truths may be rephrased, but if their meaning is similar, they will not be included.
Chapter 12: Bern's Challenge
- There are three culprits. The group consists of one child and that child's parents.
- Parent "A" killed four people on the first night, locked the dining room door, and played dead along with Parent "B". The child culprit falsified both parents' deaths.
- After that, the child helped get Krauss and Natsuhi to open the door so that Parent "A" could murder them. The parent locked the door and hid inside, but when the door was locked again after the discovery of the murders, they stayed in the room.
- After getting Krauss and Natsuhi to open the door, the child met up with the survivors in the guest parlor and murdered Shannon-chan on the fourth night.
- Parent "B" escaped the mansion before they sealed the doors shut, then performed all the murders from the fifth night onward. The guesthouse was locked up, but with the help of the child inside, it was possible for Parent "B" to get inside and lock the door behind them.
- Maria cannot be the culprit. For Maria to be a culprit, there would need to be one other adult culprit in addition to Aunt Rosa, and another child would need to be a culprit to falsify their death report. Because of the rule "A culprit must be a murderer", that other child must commit a murder. But because Shannon-chan is the only victim who could have been killed by one of the children, it means there cannot be more than one child culprit! Therefore, Maria, who would require another child culprit, cannot be a culprit, and that also certifies that Aunt Rosa is innocent!!
- George-aniki cannot be a culprit either! Shannon-chan was the only victim whom a child could have killed, but Jessica's purple statement said that he could not have killed Shannon-chan! If he could not carry out that murder, he cannot be a culprit! And because he cannot falsify his examination of them, that means Aunt Eva and Uncle Hideyoshi are innocent!!
- Their purple statements prove this!! Aniki and Maria's alibis support each other! Maria stated that he could kill a minor, but he could not have done the murders of Jessica and Shannon-chan, the only underage victims! Maria's statement therefore indicates that George-aniki could not have killed anyone! Due to the above, because one being innocent means the other must also be innocent, George and Maria's statements must both be true or both be false. But because there can be only one child culprit, they cannot both be false! That proves beyond a doubt that they are both innocent!
- ...only the last remaining family can possibly be responsible for the murders!!
Chapter 19: Black Cat's Claw Marks 4
Regarding the sixth game
- Inside of the closet, there was a person, but not Kanon!!
- At the time the rescuer escaped the guesthouse, the rescuer was not Kanon!
- Someone from the adjacent room slipped out of the window and used the name Kanon to switch places with you in the guest room! Then, once hidden in the closet, that person discarded the name of Kanon and returned to their original self. Every name can only belong to its owner, but if "whoever it is" is also Kanon, there is no issue.
Chapter 20: Battle in the Chapel 1
Regarding the fifth game
- In the fifth game, Battler the pawn was an accomplice!!
- You on the side of the culprit!! So you can see X and Kanon together, which the detective cannot, and claim that living people are dead! You take actions that help the culprit!! There are many people who are likely accomplices aside from you! In the fifth game! The true culprit used them! To enact revenge upon Natsuhi!
- Midnight of October 5th, the fifth game! The culprit held a meeting in the dining room with the accomplices to concoct false murders in order to force Natsuhi to admit to covering up Kinzou's death! All the adults present were hard up for money, and if they got Natsuhi's confession, they could either Blackmail the eldest in line or knock them out of the squabble for inheritance. The date the offer was made is unclear, but because it was agreed the murders would be faked, it would have been easy to sway the accomplices to the culprit's side.
- The man from nineteen years ago on the phone was probably Battler-san acting on the orders of the true culprit and reading a pre-arranged script. How did it feel to threaten Natsuhi over the phone, while the culprit and accomplices watched!? Did you hate doing it!? Or was it fun!? I suppose it doesn't matter. At any rate, you pretended to be someone else and threatened Natsuhi.
- The "autumn" card!? You had four different cards already placed in the room and could have directed her to the location of each one depending on how she answered. Or X, who heard the answer directly from Natsuhi, could have placed just the autumn card. In any case, Natsuhi has a habit of locking her room, so a master key would be required to place the cards, but X has a master key, so that's not a problem in the least. I suppose Natsuhi-san would probably be terribly shocked that the servants she trusted were plotting her downfall.
- The knocking sound and the letter in the hallway that tormented me so much! Those were just on the command of the true culprit to claim that there was a knock, and then "a letter appeared in the hallway," isn't that right!? There it is again, the witch's favorite! Keeping their stories straight!! By agreeing to the same story, you were able to pretend-kill six people on the first night!
- Playing the victims would be George, Jessica, Maria, Rosa, Krauss, and Genji. Those who weren't accomplices were told it was going to be a prank on Erika Furudo. For the ones in the cousins' room, either Rosa could contact them, or they could be called from the dining hall. While I was in the lobby until 3:00 A.M., the four in the cousins' room decorated the walls according to the script and went to sleep. And on the morning of the fifth, Battler woke up at the agreed-upon hour and pretended to discover the incident! Then you "saw" the people playing dead as actual corpses using hte culprit's trademark witch's fantasy—the agreed-upon story! Yes, there were many coconspirators indeed! I worked so hard, listening in on the already-prepared room and barely examined the bodies the next day. I fell right into your trap.
- After getting his help in the act, the culprit killed Krauss after the call with Natsuhi. The other five who played dead were instructed to leave the scene, as if the corpses had simply vanished.
- Based on the working phone, I suspect that Krauss's body and the hiding place of the other five was the V.I.P. room with the pile of gold, or perhaps the underground corridor leading to Kuwadorian. But the culprit didn't want them acting on their own either, and probably killed them when given the chance. Then the culprit went to the closet where they ordered Natsuhi to hide and tossed in a button from Natsuhi's clothes. Then they could proceed with the fake murder scenario and wait for me to corner Natsuhi into confessing!!
Chapter 21: Battle in the Chapel 2
Regarding Beatrice's challenge to Ange
- The possibility that the culprit who killed "me" locked up the room and is still inside it! The possibility that they inflicted a fatal wound and locked the door from outside so that it was properly sealed at the time of my death! The possibility that I locked the room on my own and was killed by a trap placed inside the room! The possibility that through the machinations of someone from the outside, I killed myself after locking the room!
- The possibility that poison gas from outside was used to kill me! The possibility that slow-acting poison caused me to die after I had locked the door to the room! The possibility that I was shot, stabbed, or strangled through a hole to the outside too small for a person! The possibility that some animal, insect, or bacterial weapon was introduced through said hole to kill me!
Regarding the fifth game
- The call on the morning of the fifth twilight was placed by a human culprit, but not by the eighteen you mentioned—eighteen "names"!—or me, Erika Furudo!! It was the true culprit, who assumes a witch's reputation by using the multiple-name trick!! And in this game, the ability to use multiple human names while here on this specific island belongs only to one person!
Chapter 31: After the Battle
- Goodbye Beatrice, witch of fantasies!! Go to hell, you apparition!!! This is the end of your stupid endless game of bullshit and lies!!! Begone forever Sayo Yasuda!!!