|This article is about a character in Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni.|
The Black Tea Gentleman (紅茶紳士), abbreviated BTG, appears in the third chapter of the story. He makes a contract with Midori Kusunoki.
Personality & Background[edit | edit source]
It is said that even though he has no rank, he is in fact the right-hand man of the Headmaster which makes him the second rank and "Vice Principal" in reality. Because of this he is often called the second ranked from the shadows.
Unlike most youkai he does not seem to like killing his prey. Instead, he approaches them by offering a contract. If the person accepts then he will grant their wish in exchange for only a portion of their soul. In reality, he is only showing the person that he contracts with what they would like to believe is reality as he consumes their soul.
He's actually employed as the vice principal, and supports both the human and the youkai Headmaster.
He's usually downright coldhearted when it comes to teachers doing their job, so whenever he's at work the staff room falls as silent as death. The only time he'll show an honest smile is when he's talking about his favorite hobby, tea.
Dealing with problems before they ever reach the Headmaster's ears is his greatest virtue.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
- Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni - Dai Ichi Ya
- Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni - Dai Ni Ya
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Due to his relationship with Izanami - it is very unlikely that they hunt the same prey.
- In the human realm, it is quite possible that BTG is able to find easy selections and possible creates unsafe environments for his prey.
- It is unknown if his prey live after. But the library suggest it's quite possible his victims can save themselves.
- However it is pretty vague on how much reality is warped by his power. As Marie seems to presume what Midori sees is real, until proven otherwise by the BTG.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
"A puny youkai with no ranking like myself will surely be no match for you" - (The Princess' Lie)